AJ Bailey's Dive Adventure 2023 - Sept 29/30 - COMPLETED
Join Nick and Cheryl Harvey for two days of diving, conversation, cool gifts, and fun in the Florida Keys. Dive the shipwrecks described in Nick's AJ Bailey novel, Wrecks of Key Largo, from Conch Republic Divers' private chartered boat for 3 trips (6 dives) over the two days.
Conditions permitting, we'll be diving the iconic 510' USS Spiegel Grove, as well as the USCGC Duane and its sister ship the USCGC Bibb. Guides will be provided on all dives, and as the profiles will be deep, all divers will be on Nitrox. Package cost $499.
Everyone will receive a swag bag with a special event Mermaid Divers long-sleeve sunshirt, mug, ReefSmart waterproof dive map, and more... plus all divers will be entered into a raffle with a prize for everyone. We're talking Shearwater dive computer, free dives with CRD, Seven Fathoms rum, PADI Club memberships, AJ Bailey Gear merchandise, ReefSmart dive guide books, and dive gear from Bonassi and DiversCo.
If you have a non-diver in your party, no problem, they're welcome to take part in everything else we have planned, including riding along on the boat. Non-diver package cost $149.
Accommodations are up to you as everyone has different needs and length of stays, but feel free to reach out to me or CRD for local recommendations.
Can't make both days? Contact me and we'll see what we can figure out.
Come join us for two days of fun in the Florida Keys and see what inspired me to to write Wrecks of Key Largo!
Let me add a big thank you to our partners for helping make this event possible!
Included in the diver's package for $499:
1) Six dives from CRD's private chartered 46' Newton dive boat
2) Dive guide and Nitrox
3) Lunches, water and snacks (box lunch Friday, cook-to-order Saturday)
4) Saturday post-dive lunch event, talk, and Q&A with Nick
5) Swag bag full of goodies including event shirt. Worth well over $100
6) Entry into raffle with big prizes
7) Discount for diving with CRD on days either side of event
8) Discount code for merchandise
Included in the non-diver's package for $149:
1) Option to ride along on the dives
2) Lunches, water and snacks
3) Saturday post-dive lunch event, talk, and Q&A with Nick
4) Swag bag full of goodies including event shirt. Worth well over $100
5) Discount code for merchandise
6) Entry into separate non-diver raffle
Terms, conditions and contingencies:
1) Deposit of $149 holds your spot. Deposit required for each participant, diver and non-diver.
2) Balance of $350 due before September 29th.
3) Please make all payments through this website prior to event.
4) Cancel with full refund on or before August 15th.
5) If cancelling after August 15th and on or before September 15th, the deposit is non-refundable, but you'll be shipped your swag at no cost within the 48 states. Outside the 48 states will be at your expense.
6) During the event, we will make every safe effort to dive the wrecks.
7) If conditions don't allow the wrecks, we'll dive alternative sites.
8) If conditions don't allow diving at all, you'll receive a refund of $116.66 per trip not taken.
9) If event is cancelled due to force majeure, you'll receive a refund of $350 (if balance was paid) and swag, etc will be shipped to you as described in (5), plus we'll still hold the raffle.
10) Every diver must be Nitrox certified.
11) Nitrox certification course can be completed at the event with CRD - Contact CRD directly for cost and availability.
12) As we'll be diving deep wrecks, every diver must be PADI Advanced Certified or equivalent.
13) Every diver must have been diving within the prior 2 years of the event, or complete a refresher prior to the event - contact CRD directly for cost and availability.
14) Every diver and non-diver riding on the boat must sign a CRD waiver of liability and a Harvey Books, LLC waiver of liability.